Tafadzwa is a 2014 St. Lawrence University graduate with a BS Magna Cum Laude in Computer Science and Economics. Since joining Galatea in June 2014, Tafadzwa has gained experience working on both a position keeping system and a regulatory compliance rules engine. Both of these projects have given Tafadzwa the ability to further his knowledge in Java, Oracle, JMS, REST, and Spring.
- What is your favorite part of working at Galatea?
- The breadth of challenges you will be able to experience. Since Galatea is not just a software company, you are able to sink your teeth into many different areas such as speaking with clients and learning what they find important, gaining knowledge about the different aspects of the business, and eventually advancing to the point where you are able to lead a team of your own.
- What is your favorite Galatea moment?
- This is a tough question; there have been lots of great moments over the last few years. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be when we went to Escape the Room last year as a company outing. I really enjoyed being able to work together with Galateans outside of my project team and it was fun competing against the other teams!
- What do you like to do outside of Galatea?
- I absolutely love taking scenic rides on my motorcycle! I also really like doing Crossfit and playing board games with friends.