After graduating from the University of California, Berkeley in 2003 with a degree in Computer Science, Kyle went on to work for a company in the Boston area developing speech recognition software for medical transcription. He started out as part of the speech recognition research team where he authored two patents and then managed a team that developed a new product aimed at radiologists. After the company Kyle initially joined was acquired, Kyle left in pursuit of starting his own business for a year before he learned about Galatea. He decided to join Galatea and has now been here over six years! Some of the projects that Kyle has worked on are a trading limit tracking system, a funding optimization engine, and a back office clearing settlements platform. Kyle’s latest big step is been moving to North Carolina to open Galatea’s newest office in Durham!
- What is your favorite part of working at Galatea?
- As an employee at Galatea you have a lot of latitude to identify problems and gaps and adjust your role to address them. There are a lot of opportunities to take advantage of- you just need to take the initiative and not just do what you are told to do.
- What is your favorite Galatea moment?
- Finishing the Tough Mudder with the Galatea team! We all finished and had a lot of fun along the way!
- What do you like to do outside of Galatea?
- Lots of different things! Spending time with my wife Lauren and son Bradley, playing guitar, watching the Bruins, hiking, and traveling are among my favorites.