After graduating in 2002 from MIT with a major of 18C (Math with Computer Science), Alex worked for 5 years as a software developer before deciding that he wanted to try his hand at the more numerical/mathematical elements of development. He headed across the pond to pursue his Masters in Financial Engineering from the International University of Monaco. Upon graduation, he headed north and became an Options Trader in Amsterdam. For his next career move, he wanted to find a position where he could combine his interests in both Finance and Technology. In entered Galatea! In his seven-plus years at Galatea, Alex has worked on many interesting and challenging projects ranging from a real time risk system to an entitlements platform.
- What is your favorite part of working at Galatea?
- I really enjoy being able to work on some very high profile projects in a casual and friendly atmosphere. I also value how Galatea rewards you for your contributions and allows me to have control over my career growth.
- What is your favorite Galatea moment?
- I would have to say the team dinner we had at Menton in Boston after a large production release. Nothing says a job well done like a delicious meal and tasty cocktails with my team at a really nice restaurant!
- What do you like to do outside of Galatea?
- I cherish spending time with my family, especially my young son, who is quickly learning how to walk! I also really enjoy discovering new restaurants in the Boston area.